AME Body Composition - How fat....err I mean how lean are you?
In physical fitness, body composition is used to describe the percentages of fat, bone and muscle in human bodies. Because muscular tissue takes up less space in our body than fat tissue, our body composition, as well as our weight, determines leanness. Two people at the same height and same body weight may look completely different from each other because they have a different body composition.
The programmer of the original Bodystat (RE Wright) designed and developed the AME Body Composition. The original Bodystat name was created by RE Wright back in the 1980's.
Benefits and advantages of Bio-impedance measurement:
Motivational tool with trending for weight loss programs.
Accurate tracking of changes in fat/lean mass, especially for patients with wasting diseases.
Essential tool for most sportsmen and women and for those looking to alter their bodycomposition.
Far more informative than BMI
Trending graphs available for quick evaluation for remedial action
Some of the features include:
- Built-in automatic calibration
- Cardiac Risk Analysis Program
- Calorie counter with calories listed for most South African foods
- Trend Analysis to assess progress
- Actual results & recommended ranges for lean and fat
- Lightweight & portable
- Safe and non-invasive
- Very easy to use
- USB connection to PC (no batteries required)
- Metric and Imperial units
· Body fat percentage and fat weight*
· Lean mass % and body lean mass*
· Total weight
· Body water % and body water*
· Normal values
· Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)*
· Average daily calorie requirement*
· Body Mass Index – plus normal range
· Impedance values at 50kHz